Transport Administration Apprentice AMERICOLD WHITCHURCH LTD
Americold offer the largest inter-connected temperature controlled supply chain in the world. We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Administration apprentice to join a friendly team and grow within this large and well established business.
Closing date: 21 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
05 Jul 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This role will be perfect for somebody looking to join a team and grow within the company, a can do attitude is a must and a willingness to take any challenge thrown at you to make it your own and develop whilst being trained and gaining a relevant qualification.
Duties will include:
- System administration including job creation and amendments
- Answering all enquiries in a timely manner via email, telephone
- Transport administration and filing
- Traffic desk support
- Communication with drivers and external customers
- Building relationships with internal customers
- Upkeep of management reports
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – written, email, phone, face-to-face
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, high pressured Enthusiastic. Assertive. Fair. Confident.
- Competent computer skills and willingness to learn and improve skills as necessary
- Have the ability to work without direct supervision and determine own workload priorities (although support will be given initially)
- Be able to communicate effectively with other team members, in a pleasant and articulate manner
- The successful candidate should have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C/4 or above with mathematics and English inclusive
- Opportunity to be offered a full-time role at Americold and further training opportunities upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- This vacancy is being managed by SBC Training on behalf of this company
- By submitting your application, you are consenting to allow SBC Training and the employer to contact you in connection with your application. Your details will not be shared with third parties
About the employer
The facility, based in Whitchurch, Shropshire, operates from a purpose-built 35-acre site and offers 197,000 pallet spaces of multi-temperature storage. Established in 1941, the company is today a leading provider of cold storage and logistics services to the food industry with a particular expertise in the dairy and meat sectors.
SBC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SBC Training Limited
Colin Preece 01743454810 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprentices will gain experience in managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours – Learners and employers will have a range of options to select from that cover each knowledge module of the apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills - These provide practical skills to help gain the most out of work, education and everyday life. Learners will complete written and online tests
- End point assessment - The End Point Assessment is the final stage of the apprenticeship. It comprises written and practical tests as well as a professional dialogue and interview
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.