Apprentice CNC Cylindrical Grinder NDE Clarke Pitchline Ltd
An exciting role where the successful candidate will learn how to operate CNC & manual grinding machines. An extremely critical role in the company - attention to detail is vital. The successful candidate will be taught how to measure accurately using a range of different techniques to extremely tight tolerances, precision is a key element.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
28 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties will include:
• Reading and understanding drawings for dimensional and geometric tolerances
• Operating a manual Jones and Shipman cylindrical grinding machine, manual Heald bore grinder, CNC Jones and Shipman programmable grinder and a Snow Tub grinder
• Programming a CNC grinder
• Finish grind a wide range of components including couplings, shafts and gears
• Learning how to work safely, particularly with manual handling
• Operating powered hoists for handling heavy components
Requirements and prospects
Good understanding of tolerance and being able to read drawings effectively.
Attention to detail, good work ethic and reliability and punctuality.
Good team player.
GCSE Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in Maths and English plus other related subjects.
Once qualified the successful would become fully skilled CNC grinding setter operators who could also write programmes.
About the employer
UK are Industrial engineers specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of gear, drive and transmission solutions for a range of mechanical applications
THE MTC - ADVANCED MANUFACTURING TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Mtc
Julie Mulryan 02476647564 Julie.Mulryan@the-mtc.org
As an apprentice, you will spend the first 42 weeks working full time in AMTC training centre allowing you to gain the foundational skills required.
During years 2 to 4 the successful candidate will learn how to operate both CNC and manual grinding machines.
As part of the role the successful candidate will be taught how to measure accurately using a range of different techniques to extremely tight tolerances, precision is a key element.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.