Apprentice Learner Support Assistant FIRST RUNG LIMITED
To provide learning support to higher needs learners (young people with learning disabilities) within their programme. The role involves developing their personal and social skills and facilitate their integration within the wider learner group.
Closing date: 02 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
23 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing learning support to individual learners or groups of learners in the class room
- Supporting the tutor/trainer in the class room
- Providing motivational and behaviour support to learners
- Supporting learners in developing their personal and social skills
- Supporting First Rung staff in meeting learners’ needs
- To carry out all administrative tasks related to the job role
- Supporting centre staff in tracking and reviewing learner progress
- And any other relevant duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, able to communicate, enthuse and engage effectively with learners
- To think ‘outside the box’ and show initiative where appropriate
- To be determined and show involvement in achieving organisational goals
- Positive, personable and optimistic
- Ability to “trouble shoot” and intervene to resolve potentially problematic issues
- Ability to plan and manage own workload to achieve objectives
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to complete auditable documents systematically
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Possible progression into employment or higher education.
About the employer
First Rung is a North London based training provider offering training and apprenticeships. We have two centres in Colindale and Ponders End.
We have been supporting young people for over 38 years, helping them make that first step into a good job with training and prospects. The team is passionate about delivering the very best training and personal support in a dynamic, fun and friendly environment.
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805980150 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.