Apprentice Nursery Assistant Goulton Grange Day Nursery
To work as an effective member of an early year’s team delivering a flexible, high quality, education and care centred service that meets the needs of the young children and their families. They are based on a farm and you will need to be able to reliably get there each day.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
20 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- Developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Nursery Manager.
- To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship.
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments.
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nursery aims and objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to relate well to both children and adults
- Good numeracy & literacy skills
- Team worker
- Have good practical skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to follow instructions
- Enthusiastic and a willingness to learn
- Happy to be involved in school life
- Ability to travel to work
- GCSE Maths & English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
This is an initial 18 month contract with the opportunity for a full time role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
They are based on a farm, so will need wellies & will also need to be able to arrange your own transport, as they are not particularly near any public transport.
About the employer
Goulton Grange Day Nursery is privately owned and run by Marian Cornforth. Marian has brought up 10 children of her own, and was a registered childminder for 17 years. She has always had the desire to run and manage her own private nursery, sharing the joy and experience of the development of children in a safe rural setting.
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Riverside College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 email@example.com
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths & English, if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.