Level 2 Plastering Operative Apprenticeship United Living
Do you live in the Bassetlaw area and want to learn a lifelong trade? Do you want to work in a company that gives you endless opportunity and job security? Discover the Plastering industry and its rewarding future with United Living!
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Jun 2022
20 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Unsure what trade to learn? Do you want to start climbing the career ladder?
If the answer is yes, this Apprenticeship is the Apprenticeship you’ve been looking for and will give you all you need to secure your future in this exciting and expanding company! United Living is an experienced business who have the time and passion to give great training and provide a lifelong, secure career.
The training for this position will give you a strong understanding of the plastering trade, allowing you to study at Dearne Valley College with their professional teaching staff and having a course that suits your needs. You would be working in tenanted properties which requires total respect at all times.
This opportunity will give you the tools to become indispensable within the industry and it will open up the many doors this trade can offer, therefore we are looking for a special kind of candidate who will thrive in all aspects of the business, show reliability and who wants to discover the secrets behind the trade to become a highly skilled trade’s person.
In return for your hard work, commitment and skill development, you will receive over £544 per month as well as an industry recognised qualification, making sure you have a trade for life and the ability to shape the future of this company.
Job Duties will include to:
- Prepare background surface for plastering
- Prepare internal solid plastering finishes
- Produce external solid render finishes
- Apply finishing plaster to background services
- Install direct bond dry plastering
- Carry, measure, cut, hang and tape plaster boards
- Other duties as required by your line manager
- Excellent Career progression
- Working within a friendly organisation
- Options to secure a long standing position with the business
- A salary which is reviewed on performance
Industry qualifications and experience
Requirements and prospects
- Interpersonal skills – speaking to other employees across the business and confidence when speaking to customers
- Eager to learn
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work hard and complete tasks assigned
- Asking questions if unsure about tasks assigned
- Good timekeeping
- Interested in Plastering
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise on own initiative, including when under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and enthusiastically within a team or on own initiative.
- Ability to take instruction when needed
Minimum requirement of 4 GCSE’s Grade A*- C including maths and English (or equivalent)
Recognised qualifications that will help you to secure a long term career.
Progression within the business
Things to consider
All applicants must live within the Bassetlaw region!
The location of the College for day release is over 20 miles away from the company site so ideally you have access to your own transport.
We are unable to accept graduate and candidates with degree level qualifications.
About the employer
United Living is one of the UK’s leading providers of refurbished and new build living solutions. With almost 110 years of experience, United Living provides planned maintenance and new build services to clients throughout the country through its United Living North and United Living South divisions.
United Living is at the heart of your community. We take pride in helping our clients create places where people enjoy living and we provide the essential services that support daily life. We employ more than 1100 people with a supply chain network of over 2000 resources supporting our projects.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rotherham College of Arts & Technology
lorraine Savage 07713319356 email@example.com
Level 2 Plastering Operative
Functional Skills (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.