Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant Gilbert & Armstrong
A pharmacy based in Sheffield are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an apprentice pharmacy assistant. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
19 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills and organisation skills are necessary as there are many interactions during the normal working day with other staff members, patients and healthcare professionals
- Keen to progress
- Must be willing to work as part of a team
- Work hard to achieve the qualification they are working towards
- Willingness to learn
GCSE or equivalent at grade C/4 or above would be desirable but not essential as every candidate will be considered on Merit.
- Full time permanent role for the right person
- Further potential for other training
Things to consider
If arriving by public transport please check travel time before applying.
About the employer
Gilbert and Armstrong are a pharmacy based in Sheffield.
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Woodspeen Training
philip Taylor 01484 429359 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 - Pharmacy Assistant standard
- Functional Skills L1 (if required)
- Own in house training
- GPHC approved qualification
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.