Intermediate Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship. Carrington Day Nursery
If you love working with children and want to start a career at a nursery, but don’t know how then maybe an Apprenticeship in Childcare is the route for you!
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Nov 2017
27 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide opportunities for children to develop individually through play.
- Provide opportunities for children to develop socially through play.
- Take part in play with children.
- Bring play opportunities to an end effectively.
- Contribute to positive relationships with children.
- Encourage children’s positive behaviour.
- Respond positively to children’s unwanted behaviour.
- Develop positive relationships with parents and carers.
- Provide and plan a play environment which meets children’s needs.
- Promote positive images through the play environment.
- Maintain children’s safety during play.
- Ensure the safety of the play environment.
- Respond to injuries and signs of illness.
- Follow emergency procedures.
- Promote children’s personal safety outside the play environment.
- Take part in outings and trips.
- Help children to protect themselves from abuse.
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work without the need for close supervision.
- Communication skills are vital in this role; successful applicants will be able to interact with children and staff.
- Carrying out daily health and safety checks.
- You must be self driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work with the desire to succeed and make a contribution to the children's learning and development.
- You must have a good sense of humour and a dedication to get jobs done.
- Successful candidates will have a lot of patience.
- No formal entry requirements are needed as full training will be given. However it is essential that you can demonstrate the ability to achieve Level 1 Application of Number and Communication as this is a compulsory part of the framework.
- GCSE Maths and English at grades A*-C (or equivalent) are advantageous as evidence of these will exempt you from sitting the key skills tests
Things to consider
About the employer
Carrington Day Nursery
- The successful candidate will need to complete a level 2 apprenticeship framework in Children and Young People's Workforce.
- The framework includes a level 2 certificate in Children and Young People's Workforce, level 1 functional skills in application of number communications.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by esg
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017