Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice John's Hair Design
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Nuneaton. John's Hair Design is looking for an Apprentice Hairdresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 18 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Prestigious salon in Nuneaton is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team! This will be a full-time position, working 30 hours per week and hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working one late evening and Saturdays are essential.
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been given the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English
- Maths would be advantageous but not essential as this can also be taught
You should be:
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- Smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning!
Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of being active.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
John's Hair Design is based in Nuneaton. It is a leading quality hair salon. John's Hair Design has a very close knit team of talented and experienced hair stylists. The staff are thoroughly trained and offer the latest in styling and colouring techniques, personal and expert advice and service in order to help their clients create a new image.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788820132 Emma.Stead@hoet.co.uk
- Level 2 Hairdressing Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.