Business Administration Level 3 Apprentice Stocksfield Avenue Primary School
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy Newcastle school as an administration apprentice working front of house and play a key role in the community.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- General admin duties including answering phone calls, email enquiries, greeting parents and visitors in the office, signing visitors in and out and dealing with queries, photocopying and post
- Using Word and Excel to create documents and spreadsheets for daily use with administration tasks
- Using school based electronic systems in order to support all areas of admin.
- Provide admin support for teaching staff throughout the school as required
- Assist with updating the website and other communication channels as required, showcasing the school’s activities
- Assisting with pupil events to ensure smooth process, e.g. school photos, pupil immunisations etc.
- Learn other admin roles within the school to provider cover when needed (e.g. managing school meals, completing registers on Arbor)
- Set up meetings and manage electronic diaries
- A level 3 apprentice will be expected to take full responsibility for an aspect of school administration and to lead a workplace improvement project with the aim of delivering a more efficient service to an aspect of the office’s work
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office systems
- Good keyboard skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Numerate and Literate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Accurate and good attention to detail
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with children and adults maintaining confidentiality when required
- Reliable and punctual
- Desire to develop
- Honest and trustworthy
- Have a smart appearance and take pride in your work
- Maths and English, GCSE Grade 9-4 /A*-C or equivalent
- To be arranged
About the employer
Our school is part of the SMART Multi Academy Trust. SMART Multi Academy Trust is an exempt charity and company limited by guarantee registered in England with Company number 10257723. The company’s registered office is Wyndham Primary School, Montagu Avenue, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4SB.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Alex Helm 01914338727 Apprenticeships@gateshead.gov.uk
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, planning, regulation, responsibility and IT, business principles, customer communication and health and safety
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include multiple choice assessment; showcase portfolio of learning and interview; presentation of a project
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.