Apprentice Nursery Practitioner HUMMINGBIRDS DAYCARE LTD
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required for Hummingbirds Day Nursery in Birmingham (B19). Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 3.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age-related activity
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month. Stains occurring from spillage should be cleaning immediately with an appropriate carpet cleaner
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are compiled with
(The above duties cover both a Level 2 and 3 qualification, however, candidates that are eligible for a Level 3 will be required to work at a supervisory level and take on responsibilities associated with being a Team Leader).
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills - as you will be dealing with parents
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Passion to work with children
- Caring nature
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 3 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1/2 or equivalents
- Have a level 2 childcare qualification
- Possible opportunity to progress onto employment for the right candidate
Things to consider
- Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy
- Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training
About the employer
Hummingbirds Nursery is based in St. Georges Community Hub in Newtown (Birmingham) and was established in 2016. Our Outdoor facilities provide children with opportunities to explore and experiment as well as take supervised risks and meet new challenges.
Inside, the nursery has three rooms: The toddler room which caters for children 2-3 years, the pre-school which caters for children 3-5 years and the afterschool room which caters for children aged 5-15. The bright and airy rooms are well equipped and provide a safe, stimulating environment where your child can enjoy growing into a confident, independent and sociable young person.
Our aim is to offer a broad and balanced curriculum through a range of activities and experiences which are both challenging and familiar. Staff knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage allows them to plan activities and learning experiences to enhance individual learning enabling each child to flourish. Children's health and well-being are given high priority throughout our nursery, with a focus on healthy eating and fun outdoor exercise.
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Shakera Rahman 0121 333 3001 firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness testimonies from employer
- Technical Certificate (industry knowledge)
- Functional skills if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.