Receptionist Apprentice Wollaton Dental Practice
Wollaton Road Dental Practice is looking to recruit a hardworking and friendly receptionist to work in their dental practice in Wollaton. This is a unique and varied role, allowing you to gain transferable and invaluable skills.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 31.50
Possible start date
26 Jun 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be a pivotal member of the administration team, working face to face with patients on reception and carrying out key administration duties within the practice. You will gain specialist transferable skills.
Duties will include:
- Working on reception, dealing with patients face to face
- Booking appointments on reception and over the phone
- Using appointment system
- Answering the phone and directing calls as appropriate
- Photocopying, filing, scanning letters and action as required *Individual's will be required to have their covid vaccines as they are mandatory for patient facing staff in a dental practice from 1/4/22 to be fully vaccinated
Requirements and prospects
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Team player
- Tolerant and sympathetic
- Good work ethic
- Can prioritise
A*-D/9-3 in maths, English and ICT or equivalent at GCSE desirable.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Wollaton Road Dental Practice was established in the late 1970’s by Dr Archer C Birch. Dr James Peachey and his wife Mrs Adele Peachey took over this practice in June 1986.
Dr Gurvinder Singh Thiara became Principal dentist in September 2010. Dr Thiara works here alongside his wife the practice manager, the hygiene therapist and 3 nurses. Wollaton Dental Practice is situated within Wollaton, Nottinghamshire. We are a small NHS and Private family run practice, which boasts the highest quality of professional Dental Care.
At Wollaton Dental Practice Dr Thiara and his team take great pride in the quality of dentistry they offer. They aim to make their clients visit a pleasant experience and provide good oral health for them and their family through preventative dentistry. This means giving patients regular dental examinations and advice on how we can care for their teeth, gums and general oral health.
We aim provide patient individuality, to treat patients with ethical and social considerations and to provide the best Dental treatment whilst under our care.
We are City Smile accredited.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Customer Service Practitioner Standard Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/customer-service-practitioner-v1-1
- Functional Skills level 1/2
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.