Restaurant Assistant Apprenticeship C London
Catch22 are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of the famous C Restaurant in Mayfair, London. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to join a fabulous team, working in the restaurant serving a range of drinks and food and providing a welcoming environment for our customers
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
19 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
At C, our team’s welcome and advice inspires the customers with their fantastic product knowledge. They are also the creators of a great environment ensuring that customers experience excellent service in a clean and organised environment throughout their stay.
Learn all the procedures for opening and closing the restaurant.
Understand who the customers are, external (customers) and internal (staff), their expectations and needs, quickly respond to maximum satisfaction (i.e. service co-ordination and timely execution)
- Prepare and serve our products ensuring quality and food safety standards are followed at all times
- Actively seeks opportunities in the restaurant to improve service standards and sales
- They possess an ability to work quickly, cleanly and have a flexible approach to the job
- All aspects of C's operations including customer service, barista, food and beverage service
You will be an integral part everything we do and that is why our customers love our food and service. If you would like to be part of our exciting journey, please get in touch and we look forward to speaking with you.
At C Restaurant we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from underrepresented groups and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
- To keep all workstations that you are responsible for clean, well-organised and neat.
- To understand the Italian ingredients, origins, combinations and the methods of preparation and presentation of all food and drinks served. Good knowledge of the Italian culinary history.
- To demonstrate thorough knowledge and ability in execution of the correct Customer Journey during operational hours and ensure such is also carried out by his colleagues.
- To ensure that enough mis-en-place of equipment and products are ready for service.
- To control the floor during service and be vigilantly attentive to service details and produce quality assisting and helping all colleagues with any request.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills both verbal and listening
- Able to follow instruction and direction clearly
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Punctual, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Coachable, reflective and open to feedback
- Resilient and adaptable
- Passionate about working in hospitality
We are looking for the right attitude and work ethic rather than someone with a load of certificates.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will receive training on maths & English (if required), but an Initial Assessment for these subjects will be an integral element of the application process to ensure your starting point will allow you to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Following the successful completion of the apprenticeship standard there will be the possibility of full-time employment and additional progression opportunities.
Things to consider
You will be on your feet for your shift. Weekends off are rare, however jobs in restaurants are massively rewarding and offer great scope for growth for a brilliant career in hospitality.
About the employer
In 1931 a long-sought dream came true. Giuseppe Cipriani Senior opened the doors of Harry's Bar in Venice.
Nestled in a discreet stone building perched right on San Marco bay’s waterfront, he started the journey of what is today known as one of the most timeless and impeccably appointed Italian culinary establishment.
Serving Italian classic dishes in a relaxed and perfectly proportioned environment, Cipriani’s vision of hospitality and simple luxury quickly came to touch the soul of many, as much in Venice as all over the world. Committed to serve its patrons with love and to an impeccable attention to details, Harry’s Bar rapidly grew its popularity becoming the meeting place of an eclectic clientele which included Ernest Hemingway, Charlie Chaplin, Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Wells and Truman Capote just to name a few.
Declared a National Landmark in 2001 by the Italian Ministry for Cultural Affairs, Harry’s Bar represents today a milestone in the history of the Italian restaurant scene and the anchor to a global hospitality brand, grown into four generations of passion for authentic food, impeccable service and Italian traditions.
Keeping the very same Italian traditions alive through its culinary classics, C London Restaurant proudly represents the legacy of its founding father and pays tribute to Harry’s Bar timeless vison of hospitality and Italian excellence in London.
Since opening its doors at 23-25 Davies Street in 2004, C London has quickly established itself as one of the most appreciated and exclusive Italian restaurants in London.
Right at the centre of an eclectic, competitive and always evolving Mayfair’s restaurant scene, the underlining motto of the family is still driven by one timeless mission: serving with warm care authentic Italian food made with the best quality ingredients.
The same traditional Italian recipes from Harry’s Bar in Venice are offered at C London Restaurant, recreating that simple but impeccable experience of hospitality.
In London as in Venice, some classic dishes such as our own “tagliolini gratinati al prosciutto”, have been one of the most popular item on the menus for decades.
“The secret isn’t about what can be seen or touched, but what can be felt and sensed. It is intangible but palpable. It can’t be patented, but even after eighty-nine years it hasn’t been duplicated by others” Cit, A.C.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Catch 22 Charity Limited
Daisy Kay email@example.com
Working in the restaurant, you will be working as part of a team to provide a welcoming experience for every customer. You will learn about a wide range of drinks and wines that we offer to diners as well as ensuring that orders are taken accurately, and food is served in a timely and professional manner.
- Focus on developing basic customer service techniques
- Ensure compliance to drink & wine service specification
- Deliver the highest possible guest excellence standards
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
The learning journey of any restaurant assistant will vary considerably from one individual to the next; however it is necessary to understand and have experience in the basics that the Restaurant Assistant role provides in order to progress to any future restaurant supervisor role.
Hospitality Team Member Level 2
You will have a dedicated industry expert to guide and coach you through components of
your programme and you’ll experience a range of different learning opportunities.
- Meetings with your dedicated trainer
- Interactive Online Workshops
- Self-guided research
- On-job instruction
- Peer to peer mentoring
- Personal development planning
- Manager progress review
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.