Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Apprenticeship D.H. MANSFIELD LIMITED
We are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable individual to join our commercial workshop team, roles are ensuring our fleet of vehicles is equipped to attend vehicle breakdowns, assisting our customers in getting back on the road. There will also opportunity to enhance other skills.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
07 Jun 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
You will join our team in our commercial workshop, ensuring our fleet of Recovery vehicles are out on the road rescuing and assisting our customers.
You will be trained and assist in (but not limited to):
- Carrying out inspections, service routines and repairs
- Diagnose and find faults in wide variety of vehicles
- Complete vehicle safety inspections to the highest standard
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop
- Prepare vehicles for MOT and presentation for test
- Demonstrate due regard for own safety and that of others in the workshop and minimise risk of injury and vehicle damage
- Carry out fundamental tasks associated with removal and replacement procedures on a vehicle
- Obtain diagnostic and repair information
- Interpret diagnostic information and use electrical wiring diagrams to determine system serviceability
- Use a range of diagnostic equipment
- Report faults using company procedures and recommend suitable further actions
- Follow recognised repair procedures to complete a wide range of repairs including those which involve complex procedures, or in-depth knowledge
- Test the function of repaired and fitted components
- Adhere to business processes and complete documentation following workplace procedures
- Order and source vehicle parts, create emails, word-process documents and carry out web-based searches
- Complete a range of services and inspect and prepare a vehicle to the required quality standard
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
- Good written and communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Pro-active problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast- paced work environment
- The ability to work well with others
- Capable of working and communicating within a team
- Working in a fast-paced dynamic working environment, with a flexible approach to work
- Willing to learn and be able to pick up the trade
Maths and English GCSE A*-C/9-4 grade or equivalent qualifications
On completion of Apprenticeship, opportunity of a permanent position.
Things to consider
- Due to the contracts, we hold, you will be required to obtain police force vetting approval prior to commencement date
- Occasional evening / weekend work may be required
About the employer
The Mansfield Group was established in 1978, over the past 15 years, the business has specialised in vehicle recovery, rescue, storage and repair providing services to all the major Motoring Organisations, Police, Council and Government Agencies.
The Mansfield Group operates over 180 specialist rescue and recovery vehicles and provides its geographical footprint from a total of eleven service centres across the Central, Northern and Southern geographical areas of the Country.
Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Amalia Barth 01753 443857 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heavy Vehicle & Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and Maths, if required.
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.