Hair Professional Apprentice TODDZ MOPPZ LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity to start your hairdressing career at The Hair and Beauty Lounge in Kettering. Your duties will involve all aspects of training towards gaining the Hair Professional Apprenticeship level 2 standard.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your duties will involve all aspects of training towards gaining the Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard.
Hairdressers will be able to:
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Cut hair using a range of techniques
- Style and finish hair to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair for ladies
Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair.
They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role ad be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
Requirements and prospects
Behaviours and Communication
- Greet clients in a friendly manner, choose the most appropriate way of communicating with clients
- Be helpful and courteous at all times
- Adapt behaviours in response to each client
- Respond promptly to clients seeking assistance
- Establish clients expectations and needs
- Explain clearly any reasons why the client's needs or expectations cannot be met
- Willing undertake wider salon duties, including reception duties where appropriate
Safe Working Practices:
- Maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods
- Adhere to workplace, suppliers or manufacturers' instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products
- Meet legal and organisational requirements
- Maintain the client's modesty, privacy and comfort
- Minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue
- Promote environmental and sustainable working practices
- Ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and Local Authority requirements
- Correctly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Creatively assess the client's requirements
- Examine the hair, skin and scalp
- Facial characteristics including face shape, skin tone, hair colour, lifestyle and suitability, conduct visual checks and any necessary tests on the hair, skin and scalp
- Advise clients on services and products
- Identify the client's hair characteristics and hair classification
- Advise clients on hair maintenance and management
- You must demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
- Have a commitment to quality, a positive attitude and team working
- Work under pressure
- Observe time management and self-management
- Show willingness to learn
- Complete services in a commercially viable time and a to a high standard: meet organisational and industry standard of appearance
- Observe professional ethics
You must have achieved GCSE (or equivalent) grade 3/C or above in English and maths
Once you have achieved your Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard there is always the opportunity of progressing onto an Advanced level Apprenticeship in Hairdressing or a senior role.
Things to consider
This role will involve standing for the majority of your working day. Due to the nature of the business you will be required to work Saturdays. You may also be required to work some late evenings within your working week.
About the employer
Hair and Beauty salon in Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom.
ASTON RECRUITMENT & TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aston Recruitment & Training Ltd
Liz Haywood 01604 230371 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
Level 1/2 Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
One day per week at Aston's Academy in central Northampton working towards the Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard; Functional Skills if applicable.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.