Apprentice Autocare Technician Aps Services
APS Services, based in Chertsey are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to assist with day to day running of the garage. The chosen candidate will get the fantastic opportunity to work alongside experienced mechanics. You will be placed in our fast-paced workshop where you will be required to assess vehicles and perform minor mechanical repairs.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
19 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a great opportunity for you to start a career in the automotive industry.
Your duties may include:
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test-drives, adjusting controls and systems, recording any faults
- Maintain vehicle job records by recording service, repairs and inspections on a daily basis
- Correct filling of Company job cards and job records on a daily basis
- Carry out defective tyre replacement, tyre repairs & wheel balance using correct machinery & PPE
- Repair windscreen chips using correct equipment & PPE
- Move vehicles to and from site and within workshops in a safe manner observing company policies as per Company handbook and Health and Safety manual
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the motor trade
- High attention to detail
- A willingness to learn
- Problem solving
- Mechanical interest
- A minimum of grade 4/C in English and maths
- On completion of the apprenticeship, to be offered a full time job
About the employer
APS Services are a proud and highly skilled garage providing specialist garage services to all makes and models of vehicles. Car repairs, MOT, car servicing, brakes & clutches, car tyres, batteries, car diagnostic, catalytic converters & exhausts, vehicle air conditioning, shock absorbers & springs services are just some of the services offered by their professional mechanics, with garage being based in Chertsey.
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Motor Industry Training
Ifza Parvaz 01932 341416 Ifza.email@example.com
- Level 2 Autocare Techncian Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional skills in maths and English
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.