Apprentice Furniture Maker CREO CABINET MAKERS LTD
We have an exciting role for an apprentice to learn how to produce high quality furniture using a mix of hand tools and machines. Producing furniture for Kitchens, Bedrooms, Studies and much more to the retail and commercial sectors.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main duties & responsibilities of the role are:
- Work alongside qualified furniture makers to learn the processes.
- Learn and complete units on time
- Complete tasks as instructed.
You will also be expected to:
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with work colleagues, mentors, customers and contractors to ensure an integrated contribution to the business operations
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures including Health & Safety.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the business
The above is in addition to working with your Yeovil College assessor to complete all college work required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good dexterity
- Practically minded
- Good eye for detail
- Motivated to learn and always develop
- Positive professional outlook and attitude
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate good listening skills
- GCSE’s in mathematics and English grades A-C or 9-4 or equivalents
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, it is our aim for the right candidate to remain in a permanent role within the business, with the possibility of developing their level of responsibilities and skills accordingly.
Things to consider
- You must be able to get to and from the employer's location each day, as well as Yeovil College one day per week
- If suitable candidates are found prior to the advertised closing date, this advert may close earlier - please apply now to avoid disappointment
- Before your application is sent to the employer, you will be required to undertake an informal phone interview with a Yeovil College Apprenticeship Co-ordinator
About the employer
We create bespoke furniture from our 5,000sqft workshop in Shaftesbury North Dorset. Predominantly working in London & surrounding areas, our skilled team of craftsmen make & install your furniture. We work with Interior Designers, Architects as well as private clients.
Please take a look at our gallery where you will find examples of our traditional & contemporary work in both residential and commercial environments.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Sarah Scott 07880 479410 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- INDUSTRY - Knowledge and understanding of general background of the furniture industry.
- ORGANISATION - Knowledge and understanding of the company you are working in. This includes understanding the manufacturing process and how you contribute and fit into it.
- MATERIALS - Knowledge and understanding of industry materials. Properties and characteristics of materials used within your organisation
- CUSTOMERS - Knowledge and understanding of customer expectations. Who are the industry customers and what are their expectations in terms of packaging and delivery?
- QUALITY STANDARDS - Know the quality standards which apply to the products and how to check that these have been met. Read and interpret specifications, drawings, cutting lists and other relevant technical information used within your organisation.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT - Knowledge and understanding of the relevant health, safety and environmental requirements and regulations. Understand sustainability within the industry.
- MAINTAIN TOOLS & EQUIPMENT - Perform regular autonomous maintenance tasks on machinery, tools and equipment used.
- PROBLEM SOLVING - Identify issues quickly, solve problems and apply appropriate solutions.
- ACHIEVE QUALITY AND OUTPUT TARGETS - Carry out work to required quality standards and output targets. High attention to detail, must monitor and check work meets specifications and must follow methodology and processes.
- HEALTH & SAFETY - Comply with health, safety and environmental. requirements, relevant statutory regulations, and industry standards/codes of practice at all times.
- COLLABORATION & ADAPTABILITY - Willing to both listen and learn and to accept changing priorities and working requirements. Work effectively with others in a team whilst maintaining effective professional working.
- TIME MANAGEMENT - Time management and ability to complete work to schedule.
- PRIDE IN THE WORKPLACE - Organise work space for efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and storing items used, maintaining work area and sustaining order.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.