Apprentice Medical Receptionist Parkgate Surgery
To attend to patients both over the telephone and face to face, to deal with repeat prescription requests, to operate the surgery booking system, to direct patients to correct rooms, general office duties including filing, post room and computerized notes.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Based in Darlington town centre, this large doctors surgery is looking to recruit an apprentice Receptionist.
The surgery is open Monday to Friday and you would be:
- Dealing with customers over the phone and face to face
- Operating a computerised booking system
- Issuing repeat prescriptions
- Directing patients within the practice
Requirements and prospects
- Calm manner
- Able to answer the phone
- As this is a busy surgery the practice are looking for a calm collected organised person
- A friendly helpful attitude
- Maths minimum grade 4
- English minimum grade 4
The practice have a history of retaining sucessful apprentices
About the employer
IntraHealth is one of the U.K.’s leading independent providers of NHS primary and community care services. We now employ over 500 staff working across three divisions of primary care, clinical services, and pharmacy across England. Over the years the business has grown to a turnover of £24m, servicing over 100,000 patients across the UK and further growth is expected.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Milltech
Liz 0191 5100414 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dealing with customers both face to face and over the phone
- Handling confidential data
- Dealing with prescrition requests
- Dealing with doctors rotas and appointment system
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.