Apprentice Furniture Manufacturer CUSTOM RADIATOR COVERS LIMITED
Working as part of a small team to produce customised made to measure, bespoke radiator covers to customer specification. Working within the workshop using a variety of hand held tools.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
05 Nov 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are keen to hear from applicants who have an interest in practical skills. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the drive and ambition to succeed in the role and show the motivation to learn new skills. The apprenticeship programme will be on the job training and attendance at Webs. Throughout the programme the apprentices will have the opportunity to spend time in all areas of the business to get an understanding of the processes involved.
- You will be required to work within a small team
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- You will learn a variety of skills including sanding, spraying and producing joints
- You will learn how to use a variety of tools including a hand held router, jigsaw, saws and other numerous hand tools
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to become a Furniture Manufacturer:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to be able to speak to other departments regarding modifying drawings and cutting lists
- Ability and willing to learn skills and production techniques
- Good numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- This is an exciting opportunity for a practical minded person who is looking to start their career in Furniture Manufacturing
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, honest, assertive, willing to learn, a team player and flexible in their approach to work
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
None required, however the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Furniture Making
- Progression within the organisation with more responsibility
- Operating CAD software
Things to consider
- Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team
About the employer
Custom Radiator Covers manufactures a complete range of Affordable, Hand crafted, Made to measure Bespoke covers that will compliment your home and make the most of the heat coming from your radiators, this is done by directing the heat into the room rather than up the walls or out of the window. Each cover is finished to a very high standard with no home assembly required and in a range of finishes and colours. They can even be made to cover storage heaters.
Custom Radiator Covers, the U.K's premier supplier of made to measure Radiator Covers.
They have a fantastic range including Traditional Radiator Covers, Radiator Covers for Children, Contemporary Radiator covers and of course our Bespoke design service.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Jennie Jarvis 01159 677771 email@example.com
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on Day release basis, which is once per week, the rest of the time you will be within the work place. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Furniture Manufacturing to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke furniture using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4 or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.