Service Manager Apprenticeship Premier Block Management Limited
Provide efficient and accurate support to ensure the smooth running of the department. Responsible for reactive maintenance when an issue is reported either via email or phone call etc, then ensuring that job orders are raised appropriately before sending contractors to site, whilst keeping the customer informed.
Closing date: 03 Aug 2022
£13,000.00 - £16,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Aug 2022
18 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Set up or monitoring of Insurance claims
- Writing leaseholders and resident letters regarding different issues relating to the block
- In most cases obtaining minimum 3 quotes for orders over £400
- Liaise with onsite staff so you are aware of what is going on onsite, along with working with
them to ensure the best possible service.
- Ensure that onsite staff have appropriate materials for offices etc (toilet rolls, printer ink, paper
- Assisting Property Managers with large projects to ensure smooth running
- Answering any queries that may involve your sites and provide adequate cover when property
manager is not in the office
Saving reports, e-mails, contract etc in the appropriate location on Qube.
- Sending SMS, emails for updates on urgent issues.
- Sourcing local contractors.
- Put contracts in place
- Conduct site visits take photos and complete report within 5 working days (with images)
- Meeting with clients/customers on site with complicated reactive issues
- Finding ways to reduce costs and improve service provided by working to find and build a good
relationship with contractors.
- Write/contribute to content of monthly newsletters
- Produce up to date meter readings for sites with meters
- Re-tendering contracts to ensure best value (cleaning, gardening etc).
- Attending AGMs/client meetings and writing/sending out minutes
Requirements and prospects
A desire to learn and gain knowledge of property management principles and procedures.
- Strong self-motivation to keep improving, learning and developing.
- Good soft skills when dealing with people to empathise and understand the customers’ needs.
- Working knowledge of QUBE computer system.
- Working knowledge of windows-based spreadsheets – i.e. Excel
- Ability to use Microsoft Word
- Good written and verbal communication skills
This role will require the ability to plan workloads, to work unsupervised, and to have a flexible
approach. This person should have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
As a key member of the team this candidate should have the ability to react to the day’s events in
an effective, friendly and consistent manner providing support and assistance where necessary.
They should be willing to participate fully in the running of the department, assisting with problem
solving where necessary. The ability to adapt to changing requirements and procedures arising
because of improvements in technology and new operational systems is essential, as is
willingness to undertake training as deemed necessary
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/ 9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
- Possible full-time positions upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Supported ongoing industry training and personal development
About the employer
At PBM we’ve made it our mission to create a new kind of property management company; a world where flat ownership is a pleasure, not a chore. We work hard to make sure your property runs smoothly, giving you the confidence that your home is in safe hands.
LEARNING CURVE (JAA) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Curve
molly bowker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing Property Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard - Block route way
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Housing and property management
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.