Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship BARNEY BEARS NURSERY'S LTD
Based with children, interacting and engaging. Able to plan and provide suitable learning opportunities for all children. Must be reliable with great determination. Flexible and able to work as part of a team. Have good communication skills in order to effectively work and communicate with team, parents and importantly the children.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
29 Sep 2022
17 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Must be passionate about working with children and supporting their development. To also have the ability and understanding to safeguard children in your care.
Shifts will vary each week and day. These are all based on 8.5hrs per day and are worked on a weekly rota.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To provide a stimulating environment which fosters all areas of learning development under the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
- To support with guidance from the room leader children’s individual needs including children with SEN (Special Education Needs) and EAL (English as an additional language)
- To support and assist with the support of the room leader the development of social skills and to be a positive role model
- To provide a secure and accessible environment in which all children can flourish regardless of race, gender, ability, nationality, religion or social background
- To be involved in setting out equipment in a stimulating way in preparation for the start of the day and clearing away at the end of the day
- To maintain detailed records of the children’s day to day activities to ensure daily handovers can take place between practitioner and parent/carer
- To attend regulate staff meetings and training sessions outside of working hours
- To promote equal opportunities throughout the nursery
- To adhere to the nursery and boroughs health and safety policies and procedures
- To undertake domestic tasks on a rota basis as required e.g. preparing snack, laundry, cleaning etc.
- At all times be an ambassador for the nursery and to maintain its reputation
- To undertake such duties and responsibilities as determined from time to time by the management team or room leader
- To ensure you start your shift on time
Role of the Keyworker: (supported by Room Leader)
- Observing, assessing each child’s progress evaluating and planning to meet children’s needs and interests appropriate to their development
- To work in partnership with parents/carers
- To maintain accurate records of individual children’s development and to be filled in a profile
- To hold review meetings between keyworker and parent/carers so information can be shared and goals and targets set
- To complete 6 monthly reviews, transition reports and 2 years progress checks
- Work as a team to ensure the smooth transition from home to nursery, between rooms and from nursery to school
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills (speaking, listening, understanding and written)
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Basic IT skills
- Passionate about working with children
- Good understanding and listening skills
- Willing to learn more
A* - D 9/3 GCSE's or equivalent in english and maths
- Paediatric First Aid
- Food Safety
(All 3 listed above will be provided during employment by company)
- An offer of permanent employment on completion of your apprenticeship and progression to L3 in Childcare once the L2 is finished.
About the employer
Barney Bears Nursery’s Ltd cares for children aged 3months – 5years. We are open from 7:30am-6:30pm, Monday – Friday, 51 weeks per year.
Barney Bears consists of four nursery branches which and located:
The nurseries are split into separate rooms based on ages. We have our Babyroom which takes 3months – 2years, Mainroom 2-3years and Pre-school 3-5years.
All meals are freshly prepared on site by our own Nursery Cooks.
BARNEY BEARS NURSERY'S LTD
BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Hima Bindu Challa 07494 154 392 Himabindu.email@example.com
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End point assessment
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.