Apprentice Retail Sales Assistant Savers Health & Beauty Ltd
As an Apprentice Retail Assistant, you are the first point of contact for our customers. You will be delivering exceptional customer service and acting as an ambassador for the Savers brand.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Feb 2022
6 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our mission at Savers is to have the most competitively priced health and beauty products on the high street, from a clean, contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient, and trained colleagues. Just like us, you like people. You are confident, like working as part of a team and are passionate about good customer service. You like looking ahead to see what’s next, developing your skills and want to learn about how a retailer operates their business.
Your role at Savers will be all about giving the customers excellent service, ensuring that the store is well merchandised, and the high level of store standards and presentation is maintained at all times, this will enable you to drive sales and achieve targets.
This will include:
- Understanding what the Savers customer wants
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- Understanding how to increase sales through product placement
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Supporting store delivery of KPIs
You will be supported throughout your apprenticeship by an assessor and your store manager who will guide you and make sure you keep on track and complete the qualification on time. Our Apprenticeship is nationally recognised and demonstrates that you have the skills and knowledge needed to do the job effectively.
It’s a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. Savers Apprentice Sales Assistants are extremely important to us; we recognise that you are our Supervisors of tomorrow. We will actively develop your skills and offer excellent training.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills to enable you to complete a Level 2 Retailer Diploma
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent people skills
You should apply for this role if you:
- Are confident working with people
- Are hard-working and looking for variety and a fast-paced working environment
- Adaptable with a positive attitude to learning and working
- Are quick-thinking
- Want to develop new skills
- Are a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have an interest in retail business
- Are ambitious and keen to progress
- Are committed to achieving your qualification
GCSEs at a minimum of grade C/4 (or equivalent) in English and D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths.
Success in this role could enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers.
Things to consider
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Savers was acquired by AS Watson in 2000 to further our value led offer in the UK. Our aim is to be the most competitively priced health and beauty retailer on the high street… from a clean crisp contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient, and trained colleagues” We provide branded products at affordable prices.
We work extensively on the range of products we offer and have extended our ranges. In 2010 we introduced alcohol into stores. We continue to strive to launch the biggest products on the high street at the lowest prices. We have over 500 stores throughout England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales and are still expanding. Our colleagues love us too - they voted Savers the 4th Best Big Company to work for in the Sunday Times in 2019.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Superdrug Stores Plc
Grace Armitage 01977 809560 email@example.com
Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship Standard:
Your Apprenticeship will be delivered onsite within your store where you will be supported throughout.
You will work through a programme of learning with the support of an Assessor and your Manager over a 12-month period, all done on site, so no college days!
During the 13th month of your contract you will take part in an end point assessment with an independent Assessor, which includes an observation of your ability, a discussion around your experiences and a multiple-choice written test.
On successful completion of your Apprenticeship you will receive:
- A nationally recognised qualification - HABC Level 2 Retailer Diploma
- An in-depth knowledge of the products we sell
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Increased confidence and ability in dealing with the public
- Insight in to how a retail business operates
- Functional Skills if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.