AV/IT CAD Technician Apprenticeship Snelling Business Systems Limited
AV/IT CAD Technician to work as part of a team in providing professional AV/IT CAD services drawings to external and internal clients.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
14 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- AV/IT CAD Technician to work as part of a team in providing professional AV/IT CAD services drawings to external and internal clients
- Within this role you will be responsible for creating full dimensioned AV/IT drawings to customer specifications, producing documents to comply with industry standards
- You will be responsible for ‘marking up’ client supplied drawings with AV/IT service requirements
- You will be responsible for producing ‘proof of concept’ layout drawings to assist with the specification of AV/IT solutions
- You will assist with the production of schematic diagrams working in conjunction with a systems design engineer
Requirements and prospects
- Competency in using 2D AutoCAD software package preferred
- Competency in using 2D/3D software drawing package
- Ability to convert verbal and written information into two dimensional drawings
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft products, ie; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Desire to learn and succeed, driven personality
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a sense of humour when working under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Desire to learn and further develop knowledge and abilities
- Will step up and take ownership of tasks
- Works well with others in team setting
- Maths, English, and a science related GCSE, or equivalents, at grade A-C/7-4
- Completion of the apprenticeships
Things to consider
- Under some circumstances depending on workload, you may be asked to work outside of your contracted hours or weekends
About the employer
Snelling Business Systems are a national supplier of integrated audio visual systems and communications technology for business, education and leisure. Providing all aspects of audio visual integration from consultancy and design to the supply, installation and on-going maintenance - all backed by the service ethic that has made Snelling's renown for quality.
W S TRAINING LTD.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by W S Training Ltd
Apprenticeships 07764228405 Apprenticeships@wstraining.co.uk
Various training courses related to the AVIT industry will provided to focus on industry standards and technical product training along side a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Avixa Certified Technology Specialist
- Extron AV associates
- AutoCAD Essentials
- Various Manufacturer product specific training
- Training courses will be provided at Snelling Business systems HQ and Various locations in the UK
- Functional skills if needed
- Some projects will require on site support from a design role, this could be site surveying to support technical drawings.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.