Apprentice Nursery Assistant TOTS AND SCHOLARS LIMITED
Tots and Scholars nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
13 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Roles & Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Contribute to planning observations and activities
- To use own initiative and work as part of a team
Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
- Team work
- Good communication skills
- GCSEs C/4 in maths and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent)
- Further Training and potential full-time employment
About the employer
Tots and Scholars Nursery and Preschool is an all inclusive full service child care caring for babies and toddlers aged two to five years. Children are cared for in a nurturing and secure environment and our services are provided all year round. Tots and Scholars Nursery and Preschool has a unique approach - we successfully combine the revised EYFS with our unique and holistic approach to childcare ensuring every child’s individual needs are well met in a warm, nurturing, and stimulating environment with a home-from-home feel.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Educator Level 3 qualification
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Ai (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Functional Skills maths, English if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.