Pharmacy Assistant Apprentice Oldbury Pharmacy
We have several exciting roles for a Pharmacy Assistant Apprentice to join our fast paced branch. If you are keen to join the world of Science and Medicine and have a proven passion of the subject. What are you waiting for? Apply Today!
Closing date: 27 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
12 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Issuing stock items and prepared prescriptions
- Basic over the counter queries
- Collection of prescription charges/checking patient exemption statements
- Operation of efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage
- Ensuring that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions
- Ensuring that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record
- Ensuring that that all dispensary equipment is kept clean and kept in good working order
- Maintaining full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions
- Ordering and unpacking stock orders
- Dispensing and checking repeat prescriptions and prescriptions from surgeries under the supervision of a dispenser
- Taking orders for repeats and dealing with queries
- Using the computer to keep records up to date
- Dealing with queries from patients regarding their prescriptions
- Handling controlled drugs (and keeping register)
- Handling prescription money and operating/balancing the till
Requirements and prospects
- Great customer service
- Methodical and meticulous
- Good morals and principles to do the best for others
- Highly professional approach
- Hardworking within the dispensary team and independent
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including maths and English
Full-time role and progression for the right person.
About the employer
Some of our most popular in-store Pharmacy services include Free Stop Smoking Clinic. Our Pharmacist will be happy to give you advice on how to stop smoking in the privacy of our consultation room.
We can also point you in the direction of NHS and other helpful services. Our Pharmacist can help with Weight Loss & Management they can offer the support, as well as the products you need to control your weight - from slimming supplements and powder snacks to dietary food & drink. Healthy Eating Advice, whether it’s for medical or lifestyle reasons, we’ll give you expert advice on how to Eat Smart.
Prescription Collection: We dispense both NHS and private prescriptions. We offer FREE delivery. If you have a repeat prescription, we can transfer it electronically from your surgery and dispense it at our store for hassle-free collection or delivery.
Repeat Prescription Collection: It’s easy to forget all about your repeat prescriptions. But help is at hand, because now you can register for our FREE Repeat Prescription Management service to make sure you always have the medication you need when you need it. Plus, you can collect your prescription from us in evenings and weekends as we are open 7 days.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Halesowen College
Rachael Allen 07452086110 email@example.com
Pharmacy Services Assistant - Level 2.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.