Live Event Technician Apprentice Central Presentations Ltd
Working in a hybrid role between our projects and operations team, this entry level position will see you develop the skills required to pursue a career in the live event industry.
Closing date: 18 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
3 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
Starting in our warehouse you will learn how to prepare, maintain, test and repair a vast range of the latest lighting and rigging equipment. You will progress through each department to learn specific skills regarding equipment preparation and operation for each type of equipment.
Once you have gained confidence with the equipment and have shown that you have the right capability and attitude, we will begin to assign you into a warehouse technical department or into an onsite role as a Live Event Technician. Work onsite could be anywhere across the country or even further afield.
Duties will include:
- Under the close supervision of CPL Project Managers and freelance technicians, you’ll be an important part of our workforce. You will be trusted to represent CPL on site, demonstrating that you can follow the plan and work as part of the team. You’ll be given the chance to put the skills you’ve learnt to the test whilst gaining new ones
- Preparation, test, repair and maintenance of audio, video, lighting equipment and associated control equipment
- Assembly of systems from component parts
- Fault finding in components and systems
- Operation of specialised technical equipment and tools
- People management and interpersonal skills especially the ability to react to varied working environments
- Computer Literacy including specialist software systems such as CAD/Design and Rental Management systems
- Understand and interpret system specifications and drawings
- Logistics, with specific reference to truck pack, the ability to judge required space for loads, and prepare Carnets & Manifests for shows travelling outside of the UK/EU
- Lifting/Ground Rigging – much of the technical equipment used in live events is hung from pre-rigged support systems
- Customer Service – dealing politely and respectfully with customers, ranging from account Managers to Production Managers to the end client when on site
Requirements and prospects
- Organisatonal skills
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of the event/AV industry would be an advantage but not essential
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Self-motivated with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Good attention to detail
- Able to undertake manual work
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Apprentices without Level 2 English & maths will be required to achieve this level prior to the end of the Apprenticeship.
Permanent full-time position within the company upon completion.
Things to consider
- Occasional work away on site
- Possible shift work during busy periods
- Possible weekend work during busy periods
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Based near Coventry CPL are one of the UK’s principal AV rental, production and virtual events companies, with four naturally supporting departments – rental, sales, production and virtual events that combine to provide technically complex and visually creative experiences for a diverse range of projects from broadcast to corporate, festivals and touring, virtual and hybrid.
ACCESS TO MUSIC LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access to Music: Birmingham
Level 3 Live Event Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- ABTT Bronze Award
- ABTT Autocad
- Functional Skills (if required)
Live event technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.