Kitchen Apprentice Windmill Village Hotel
A Kitchen Apprentice is required to work in a busy hotel situated on the outskirts of Coventry. The successful candidate will help with the preparation, cooking and presentation of food and other kitchen duties such as cleaning down of work surfaces, stock control and menu preparation.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
12 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
A Kitchen Apprentice is required to work in a busy hotel situated on the outskirts of Coventry.
The successful candidate will help with the:
- Preparation of fresh usually organic ingredients
- Presentation of food
They will also undertake other kitchen duties such as:
- Stock control
- The cleaning of equipment/workstation
- Menu preparation with the chefs
- Learn about temperature control and storage of produce and hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Some catering experience would be preferable but not essential
- Literate and numerate
- Reliable with good time-keeping
- Smart, clean appearance
- Friendly and helpful personality
- Keen and enthusiastic
- GCSE Grade 3 (D) or above in both maths and English or equivalent
Good future prospects for the right candidate to develop a career depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Shift working will be required.
Please note that the wages will be increased once the candidate has been in post for a short while.
There will also be some lifting and standing associated with this role.
About the employer
The Windmill Village Hotel is part of a vibrant and dynamic family business situated on the A45 on the outskirts of Coventry. The business enterprise includes The National Motorcycle Museum & National Conference Centre and The Manor Hotel - Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Coventry College
Sharon Barker 02476 791742 email@example.com
- Training will be provided
- Level 2 Certificate in Professional Cookery
- Catering Technical Certificate at Level 2
- Functional skills in maths and English
- Employment rights & responsibilities
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.