Apprentice Warehouse Operative DPDGROUP UK LTD
To carry out a range of tasks including taking deliveries, checking for damaged/missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking/packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation, and cleaning.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
11 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you interested in working for a well known Internationally based Delivery Company?
An exciting opportunity has become available to work for DPD as an Apprentice Warehouse Operative with lots of progression opportunities on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
The main duties for this role will include:
- To handle parcels within the specified parcel definition, either manually or mechanically as directed by the General Manager.
- To use the available equipment to complete security checks.
- To ensure that available equipment is in full working order and report any faults if required.
- To monitor and prevent damage to goods and to inform a General Manager where damage is identified.
- To monitor and prevent damage to vehicles and machinery and to inform a Manager where damage is identified.
- To implement the Health and Safety Policy, ensuring and maintaining a safe working environment at all times.
- To implement the Security Policy ensuring and maintaining a secure passage of goods for the customer.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Management
- To complete an appropriate warehousing qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
DPD'S DNA is
- Hard Work.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, a good level of maths and English would be desirable, preferably GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C/4 or above.
There is the potential to progress into a substantive post on successful completion of your Apprenticeship.
This could be within the Warehouse operation or as an Owner Driver. Cat B Licence support is an option.
Things to consider
Manual labour will be required including lifting, loading, potentially to be trained on lifting equipment, forklift, pallet truck etc.
About the employer
DPD is an Express Parcel Delivery service covering the UK, Europe and International destinations.
At DPD they are constantly investing in technology to provide their customers with the best possible delivery experience. This combined with their extensive range of products & services means no one can deliver better value for the customer.
They aim to be the leader in sustainable delivery, and they want everyone to help support their vision. They understand the impact they have on the environment and know that they can always do more.
CORNWALL APPRENTICESHIP AGENCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency Limited
Lynne Dunn 01326 211382 email@example.com
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1 (if required)
- English Functional Skills Level 1 (if required)
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.