IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
You will be responsible for a breadth of supporting tasks, relating to hardware, software, and most importantly assisting and supporting your colleagues with their many IT queries. You may not always have the answer to every question, but in this role, you will be fully supported to find out the answers, and truly learn from your experiences.
Closing date: 15 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
16 Jun 2022
12 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting macOS and Windows devices
- Maintaining an inventory of hardware
- Providing 1st line support to your colleagues in a timely manner
- Creating user accounts and processing deactivations
- Onboarding new hires from an IT perspective - setting up accounts and providing support as needed
- Creating user training materials
- Running monthly infrastructure and key stem backups
- Assisting with large scale IT projects
Requirements and prospects
- Whilst no previous experience is required, we’re looking for someone who tech-savvy and who will be able to quickly develop their technical skills
- Good IT Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to generate solutions and take a flexible and creative approach
- A genuine and keen interest in having a career in IT
- Highly motivated to work a full time role whilst also completing a qualification
- Strong desire to continuously learn and develop
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A*-C/9-4 in both English and maths
- Possibility of long term employment on completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Please google the location prior to applying
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rate
- You will be employed by Inspire ATA, and be placed at Tywnham School for the duration of your apprenticeship.
About the employer
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our Apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our Apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2021 is all around the development and wellbeing of our Apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and are the 2021-22 winner of Best Apprenticeship Employer in Central & Greater London.
Additional location information
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Sophie Oliver 07858 007944 email@example.com
IT Solution Technician (Hardware/Software) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, including modules to understand the implement the following:
- Apply a range of technical IT skills, including: accessing remote systems; file manipulation; file editing, changing system or application settings; system administration; setting up and upgrading components (infrastructure or software);
- Operate in line with organisational polices, standards, legislation, security requirements, professional ethics, privacy and confidentiality; and understand escalation policies.
- Create and maintain documentation in accordance with best practice, organisational guidance and legislation.
- Identifiy appropriate technical solutions using both logical and creative thinking.
- Diagnose and understand client requirements and problems using sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Understand why testing is necessary, the need for both functional and non-functional testing, the different types of testing available, including unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of situations including formal and informally both within their team and externally.
- Operate securely across all their areas of responsibility, in line with organisational guidance and legislation
- Understand the main trends in emerging technologies – including the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, and automation - and the potential implications for digital activities.
- Functional Skills in maths/English if required
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.