Childcare Apprenticeship SUNSHINE CORNER LIMITED
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a month in person and once a month online to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
12 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote, and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team
- Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants
- Reliable, punctual, and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- The candidate can demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding
- No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship
- Functional skills including maths and English are covered as part of the apprenticeship as is Paediatric first aid
- A clear CRB may be required by the nursery
- Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles
- You can progress onto the level 3 apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles
- You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work
- There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish
Things to consider
- Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day
- You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery
- There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work but it is very rewarding
About the employer
Banana Moon Day Nursery Caversham opened its door to our local community in October 2016. We care for children from the ages of 3 months to 5 years and provide a stimulating and safe environment.
We offer three rooms, Baby Moons, Mini Moons and Full Moons and are fortunate to have a large building that helps us provide unique learning opportunities to our children. We have a dedicated communications rooms where our children can listen to stories and where our older children engage in learning phonics. With our very experienced in house chef we provide healthy nutritious home cooked meals, ensuring all dietary requirements are taken into consideration. We support our highly qualified staff and promote their continued learning and development through in house and borough led training to ensure they provide a consistently high level of service and care.
We take pride in getting involved in our community and support several local charities.
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 01189566995 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner/Level 3 Early years Educator (depending on age, experience, qualifications)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths as required
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.