Apprentice Chef Ardencote Manor
This role involves helping to prepare ingredients and help produce fantastic food to be served throughout our hotel. You will need to have good communication skills and be able to follow instructions given to you in a fun but fast paced environment.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
11 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
During your apprenticeship we will help you develop the skills to produce all the dishes on our award-winning Brasserie Menu.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Chefs to serve the dishes required for service, master portion control and timing to ensure that customers receive good service
- Understand how to work as a team to prepare for our busy wedding and event programmes
- Assist the senior Chefs with the daily tasks in the kitchen
- Help to maintain the cleanliness of your work section as well as the general kitchen.
- Follow the Chefs instructions to help maintain the profitability of the business
- Keep up to date with modern trends in the industry
- Bring your ideas to Chef for new dishes to be added to the menu
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Must have a can do and a positive attitude
- Must be willing to undertake new tasks
- Must be a motivated person
- Willing to learn new tasks
- To be able to listen to given instructions
- Be interested in food/food production
Candidates must have a minimum of GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
We can offer the candidate a full-time position upon completion of their apprenticeship
Things to consider
Ardencote Manor is not easy to reach, you must make sure you can arrive on time for shifts.
Start date to be confirmed at interview.
About the employer
Nestled in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside, Ardencote combines a beautiful setting with a relaxing spa and invigorating leisure and business facilities to create the perfect escape.
Ardencote is an independent hotel, tastefully transformed, proudly boasting 110 four-star bedrooms, 10 conference and banqueting suites and a stunning restaurant.
We’ve recently updated our Leisure Club facilities, as well as Ardencote Destination Spa and the 18-hole golf course, ensuring you stay as relaxed and entertained as possible during your stay with us.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Solihull College
Bryan Anderson 01789 266245 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Basic Food safety training
- Health and Safety training
- Functional Skills if required
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.