Childcare Apprenticeship Growing Places @ Oak Meadows
2 year Childcare Apprenticeship working at Growing Places through Fareham College
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
25 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To be responsible for the care and the welfare of the children with concern for individual developmental needs.
- As a key person you will be responsible for the efficient record keeping of children’s individual learning and development and future planning needs to ensure they reach their full potential. Any concerns identified early and shared with manager.
- To evaluate children’s development and discuss with parents each term.
- To be aware of the child’s holistic needs including, health, food, physical, emotional and intellectual.
- To ensure each child in your group has access to a wide range of varied experiences that are developmentally appropriate. Consideration always being given to Childrens interests and the use of the natural environment. To assess the individual needs of children, reviewing progress and identifying gaps in provision at staff meetings.
- To be pro-active in your own continuous professional development, including training/ coaching/workshops/setting based training/mentoring as identified. This can include the 20 hours (FT) per annum EYFS mandatory training.
- Work alongside the manager and team in contributing to the delivery of the shared vision and philosophy of the setting/company.
- To promote the company’s healthy eating policy and to be aware of food allergies and special dietary requirements and to encourage the children to enjoy the social aspects of eating together.
- To liaise with the staff from a range of agencies and members of the community as appropriate.
- To be responsible for adhering to our Company policies and procedures and Mission Statement.
- To attend meetings and training sessions as appropriate or identified by manager, including staff meetings, room meetings and staff training days.
- To encourage, motivate and mentor students and trainees safe working practices that reflect the company standards
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness, housekeeping and hygiene in the nursery.
- To have a flexible approach to working within the Nursery environment, i.e. sites, hours, rooms.
- To undertake other duties as may be appropriate.
Requirements and prospects
- Committed to working at the highest standards
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate about Early Years childcare and education
- Highly motivated and wanting to be part of an amazing team/family of Early Educators
- love exploring nature and the outdoors
GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English Grades C in Essential for this role
Things to consider
About the employer
With all-weather canopies, children are able to play indoors or out all year round and in all conditions. With a large sandpit and a water-pump, great sandcastles are created along with digging and tending to the vegetable patch. In the summer the trees give a shaded area for play and den building.
As well as full day care and flexible sessions we have a breakfast club, after school care and holiday play schemes for the over 5’s.
- NVQ level 3 in Childcare
- Functional skills Maths & English
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017