Apprentice Butcher DB Foods Ltd
Opportunity to work as part of a team in Poultry processing, multi species de-boning hall and a multi species retail hall. Acquiring the necessary knife skills in order to take any carcass and create both bone in and boneless products for the retail, foodservice and wholesale sectors of the industry.
Closing date: 26 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
07 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- DE-Boning, slicing, portioning and packing of raw meat products
- Operation of butchery slicing machines in line with training
- Receive deliveries and check their content and hygiene
- Move meat stock to cold storage areas
Requirements and prospects
- Deliver customer service to a high standard
- Good with customers
- Good communication skills
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Hard working
GCSEs (or equivalent) in the A* - E or 9 – 3 range. Individual employers will set the selection criteria for the applicant. Employers who recruit candidates without English and Maths at GCSE Grade D (or Functional Skills Level 1) or above must ensure that the candidate achieves this level before the Apprenticeship Standard can be awarded to the individual.
Potential to secure a full time positin as a qualified butcher on completion of your apprenticeship and continue to develop your skills and career.
Things to consider
Butchery within a processing plant is a refrigerated environment, work is carried out in temperatures as low as 2 degrees, dressing for work should be considered carefully although PPE will be supplied. Multi cultural colleagues where communication and levels of ability to communicate should be considered. Wage will be in line with legislation in regard to UK Apprenticeships. After the first year wages will fall in line with the skills acquired within the first year.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard - Butchery:
- Level 2 Standard Butchery - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Food Safety Award
- Level 2 FDQ Award in Knife Skills for Food Processing
- FDQ L2 Award in Health and Safety in the Food Supply Chain Business
- FDQ L2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (Meat and Poultry)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required (exemptions apply)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.