Brian Currie - DAF Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship Brian Currie
Working alongside qualified technicians who will be dealing with all aspects of the maintenance and repair of heavy vehicles. DAF has an award-winning apprenticeship programme and many apprentices go on, once finished, to a higher apprenticeship programme.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
07 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity to work for DAF as part of a highly skilled workforce that is committed to quality. The course is fully supported with all the training you require to become fully qualified. With the rapid increase in the complexity of today’s trucks and the technology needed to keep them up and running, first class training for those involved in the vital servicing and maintenance of these vehicles has become more important than ever.
The DAF Apprentice Programme gives you the chance to join the select group of specialist technicians working on some of the most modern, sophisticated trucks on the road.
The day to day tasks include:
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Following health and safety procedures
- All aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair
Requirements and prospects
- Full training will be provided, no skills required, apart from excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A keen interest in heavy vehicles
- The employer is looking for an apprentice that is very hard working and motivated to learn new skills
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent (A*-C/9-4 for English and maths preferable)
- DAF believes in providing an extensive, high quality apprenticeship which gives their apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry
About the employer
Quality in every detail - that’s what makes the difference between a DAF and every other truck. From the steel front bumper to the virtually unbreakable Lexan headlamp covers, and the stylish cab interior to the durable driveline, a DAF truck is built to perform. And it’s built by people who have a passion for trucks.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Sean Hogan 07523907642 email@example.com
Not only will apprentices be working and be trained at a DAF garage, they will attend City of Bristol College four times a year for two-week periods to work towards their VRQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
An advisor will visit at least every six weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An apprentice’s training includes:
- VCQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Technical Certificate – IMI Diploma Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT
- Recognised Welding Certificate
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.