Childcare Apprentice Patchwork Day Nursery
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Alresford, Winchester are looking for a Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
07 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Alresford, Winchester is looking for a Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Trainer
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- To be a confident, organised, reliable and creative person
- GCSE maths and English at 4 or C grade or above is preferred but not essential
- A L2 Childcare award would be advantageous, in this case the candidate would do the L3 standard Early Years Educator award
- Once completing your L2 Apprenticeship, you would be offered the opportunity to progress onto L3 and eventually attain a full time position and further training
Things to consider
- Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042
About the employer
Patchwork is based in the beautiful rural village of Alresford and offers places for children aged between 6 months and 5 years old. Parents at Patchwork know their children are in safe hands, giving them the peace of mind to get on with their busy lives.
Our professional team of highly qualified staff are dedicated and committed to ensure that each child has the highest standard of care and education whilst having lots of fun and laughter along the way!
Children enjoy a wide range of activities both indoor and out, planned by an experienced and nurturing staff team who love and care for all the children. Our aim is that every individual child thrives and flourishes into their unique selves in our positive, family-feel environment.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715658042 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
If the chosen candidate has a valid L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience in childcare, the L3 Standard will be offered on an 18-month basis.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.