027 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Fortescue Arms
Our clients are looking for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join their team based in Billingborough, Sleaford. As an Apprentice Commis Chef, not only will you gain a nationally recognised qualification, you will also get paid a wage and get a whole host of other benefits too!
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
07 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up the kitchen prior to restaurant opening
- Prep kitchen stations
- Cooking to specific portion control of each plated meal
- Assisting with marinating, cutting, and precooking foods
- Cleaning kitchen as you work and restaurant close
- Cleaning and sanitising their area
- Date and day dot control, storing in proper areas at the end of shift
- Plating food creatively, maximising customer enjoyment
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about developing your skills in the catering sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with our children
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Pride in delivering excellent meals
- Working as part of a team with a good work ethic
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
There is a potential of further education or a job.
Things to consider
As part of LAGAT's Recruitment process, you will be required to declare if you have any Criminal Records, Cautions or Driving Licences at the Interview. Depending on the position applied for, you may be required to take and pass a DBS Check.
Please consider your travel arrangements before applying for the role as you will need to be able to feasibly commute to and from work on workdays. For more information on planning your travel arrangements, use the Traveline website, http://www.traveline.info/
Please note, a direct approach to this employer will result in the application being disqualified. All applications for this vacancy must be through Apprenticeship vacancies.
Once you are an apprentice, you will be entitled to an NUS apprenticeship card where you'll be able to receive discounts for high street shops and restaurants!
Apprenticeships are a 1-2-year commitment, candidates must be able to commit to the full length of the Apprenticeship programme.
About the employer
Welcome to The Fortescue Arms, an attractive 16th century pub in the beautiful village of Billingborough, Lincolnshire on the edge of The Fens.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lagat Ltd
Laura Coleman 01522 501300 email@example.com
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.