Apprentice Early Years Support Worker St Pauls Day Nursery
An exciting opportunity to work alongside young children, families and practitioners to develop the skills to become a qualified (level 2) early years support worker at St. Paul’s Nursery School and Children’s Centre. The role is to provide a nurturing, safe and stimulating nursery environment where children (aged 3 months-3 years) can thrive.
Closing date: 20 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Jun 2022
07 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To work directly with children in both individual and group situations to promote their emotional well-being and learning
- To help to provide an inclusive service to pro-actively meet the needs of all children and families
- To contribute to the development of children’s education by assisting in the planning and organisation of children’s learning through play and appropriate learning experiences
- To contribute to written observations and assessments of children’s learning and feedback to parents
- To sensitively attend to children’s personal needs and also help to maintain adequate standards of cleanliness and hygiene within designated areas of the nursery
- To communicate effectively with and develop professional relationships with parents, the staff team and other professionals
- Through work experience and in-house training and support, to achieve the Level 2 in Childcare
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills with adults and children
- Effective and accurate verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work towards the creation of a caring and safe environment
- Commitment to promoting equal opportunities and providing an inclusive service.
- Skills in organising activity to achieve defined targets
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to attend to children’s physical needs effectively
- Open, friendly manner with an ability to make positive professional relationships.
- Calm and responsive communication style.
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- Resilient and keen to take on a challenge
GCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade 4/C or above)
Successful apprentices who have completed their qualifications will be well equipped to apply for vacancies that arise within our centre and other nurseries.
Things to consider
- Enhanced DBS clearance required
- 24 days (plus bank holidays) paid holiday per year
About the employer
St. Paul’s Nursery School and Children’s Centre is a fully integrated and inclusive centre providing high quality education, care and family services for young children (pre- birth to 5 years) and their families.
We are based in the heart of the city and serve a vibrant and diverse community. We are also a teaching school and provide specialist training for early years teachers and practitioners locally and nationally.
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Bristol College
Apprenticeship Team 01173125250 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be supported by an Apprentice Trainer at City of Bristol College to achieve the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship. Alongside the trainer, you will build a portfolio of knowledge, skills and behaviours ready to undertake the end point assessment at the end of the apprenticeship. You will be required to achieve an Early Years Practitioner Level 2 qualification at the end of the course.
This apprenticeship is supported within the work place, and so you will spend at least 20% of your time in off the job training. This could include your own research and self-study, work shadowing, and company training. There may be some time required in College for any exams.
Some students may be required to study towards their Functional Skills maths and English qualification.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.