Document Controller Apprentice Maintenance & Contracting Services Ltd
Due to the growth of our business, we are looking to add to our administration team. We are looking for someone to shadow our existing admin and accounts team members. After time when the applicant is ready, they will be given their own responsibilities to help support the business.
Closing date: 26 May 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
07 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Day to day electronic tasks incorporating:
- Technical Queries
- Project Management documentation
- SSoW (Safe System of Works)
- RA (Risk Assessments)
- MS (Method Statements)
- Helping to compile Project completion documents
- General Document Control queries in person and via Teams
- Scanning Packs of documents
- Utilising Adobe Acrobat
- Updating Working Documents/Trackers in Excel format
- General Administration tasks
- Must be willing to work as part of a Team
- Assisting other members of the Admin department in Charity/Event Organisation
Permanent base in Bristol, must be willing to travel to Offices/Site within the business when as & when needed.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate, tech-savvy, familiarity with using MS Word, Excel. Easybuild (training will be given)
- Good written and verbal communication and attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will possess a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to learn and gain new experience
- An ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to pick up new processes and tools quickly
- A positive, professional and enthusiastic approach to work
- Creative, well organised and self-motivated
- Must be able to handle highly confidential situations with professionalism and tact
You must be able to demonstrate you have adequate English and maths levels. You will be required to complete an English and maths assessment as part of the selection process. (This will be done at SGS College, Filton). You will be supported by SGS College to achieve an English and maths qualification if you don't hold one.
On completion of your apprenticeship, it could be career progression opportunities in various areas of the business. Good training and career progression opportunities.
Things to consider
Please ensure you can get to this location for work.
Permanent base in Bristol, must be willing to travel to Offices/Site within the business when as & when needed
Applications will only be accepted through the National Apprenticeship Website, https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship .
BRISTOL: If your application is successful, you will be contacted by South Gloucestershire & Stroud College (normally via email) to invite you to attend a pre interview and initial assessment. Please ensure that you also check your junk/spam inbox for emails.
If you are successful at this stage, you will then be invited to attend an interview with the employer.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
MCS is an independently owned Building Services provider who specialise in the design, installation & delivery of building services solutions, covering all aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering installations.
Our unique culture is part of our DNA and it’s an underpaying factor in our success. We offer a service which is innovative and client focused, we collaborate with our customers and supply chain partners to ensure we share common values. Going the extra mile for our customers is something that’s ingrained into our entire organisation, we are continuing to grow a reputation for providing a high-quality service and consistently delivering projects to our client’s requirements.
We have a proven track record for delivering large complex corporate headquarters to small regional office fit out projects for over a decade, we have delivered these fit-out installations on-time, on-budget and to an exceptional level of quality. We achieve this success for our customers with sound processes and proven delivery methods, driven by our customer focused management team.
We are located on the outskirts of Bristol and our location within the M4 corridor makes us ideally places to carry out work throughout the South East and South West of the country.
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Elaine Baillie 07920181729 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administration Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3
- Business Administration Level 3 Diploma
- Functional Skills in maths and English (where applicable)
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by a South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Assessor and you will be required to attend the Filton Campus to complete some of your learning.
You will be required to complete company training to include both remote and face to face learning, as well as learning about various aspects of the business.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.