Manufacturing Apprentice DPI (UK) LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to be trained in all aspects learning practical how to fabricate and wire bespoke lightboxes that can range from a small AO up to 25 metres long.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
05 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Review incoming works and liaise with Operational Manager
- Programming and cutting aluminium profile on Mitre Saw
- Programming and cutting dibond composite board
- Picking & accurately recording products to job spec, report all low stock on the low stock sheet
- Fabricate & wiring bespoke lightboxes
- Responsible for ensuring product is PAT Tested
- Packaging orders to company standard to avoid damage and cost
- Keep work area and warehouse clean and tidy to prevent accidents
- To adhere to the Health & Safety procedures and protocols
To undertake/perform other duties associated with this role, by agreement.
Requirements and prospects
- Good level of English, maths and IT skills
- Strong work ethic and a want to be part of a team culture who has a common goal of excellence and growth
- To be able to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Willingness to learn hands on with a continuous development mindset
- A passion and curiosity for making and building things from start to finish with a resilient, can-do and pro-active attitude to problem solving
- Take instruction well and confident to ask questions when in doubt
- Excellent time-keeping skills
- Good sense of humour
- An ability to self-manage
GCSE’s Grade C/4 or above in English and maths is preferred but not desired.
Progression within the company.
Things to consider
We work in a face paced environment with a seasonal order book, which means production workload can change from day to day.
About the employer
DPI UK Ltd is a Midlands based, UK manufacturer.
Essentially the name behind many of the brands.
We specify, manufacture, and install illuminated or non-illuminated soft signage display products via a network of trade printers, retail and design agencies, architects, and shop fitters. Our products can be found in high street stores, shop windows, corporate/offices, airports, exhibitions, events, and any space that supports our clients to deliver a brand feel, message, or create an environment.
All our products are manufactured for specific use with tensioned fabric graphics, at our Castle Donington plant and showroom based just outside East Midlands Airport and Donington Race Circuit, very close to the rapidly expanding M1/A50 junction.
Nothing is standard, we make everything from scratch, exactly to the dimensions required, using the widest selection of aluminium profiles in the industry.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296995 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths (where required)
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24-hour access to course learning materials
- On the job training with a designated mentor
- Reviews every 6 - 8 weeks with your work-based tutor and line manager/mentor
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)