L2 Bricklaying Apprentice S R Gresham Bricklaying Contractor
The successful candidate will be working towards a Level 2 qualification in Trowel Occupations, with the opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship. You will be fully supported throughout your apprenticeship by a qualified member of staff who will teach you new skills.
Closing date: 04 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Jun 2022
05 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The ideal candidate will be given a variety of duties that they will carry out throughout your apprenticeship:
- You will be observing work carried out by your experienced colleagues, and will then put into practice all that you have learnt, achieving a high level of workmanship on all the projects that you carry out
- You will be shown how to align bricks and blocks using plumb lines and levelling tools, working to design plans
- You will also be shown how to use mechanical cutting equipment to shape bricks and blocks to fit the correct angles
- Laying blocks/block work
- You will learn how to read building plans
- Understanding how building sites work
- Understand principles of building
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Keen attitude to work and learn
- Able to work at heights and outdoors
- Positive attitude
GCSE English and maths 4/C grade equivalent would be desirable not essential.
To progress onto site supervision and work under S R Gresham Bricklaying Contractor.
Things to consider
To be able to get to a pickup point if not able to drive.
About the employer
S R Gresham Bricklaying Contractors work with a wide range of subcontractors and have over 30 years’ experience within the trade. The team’s workload mainly consists of site work and from time to time includes building schools for Devon Contractors.
The employer mainly works in Exeter and surrounding areas.
S R Gresham Bricklaying Contractor
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Samantha Cocks 07590840108 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bricklayer (level 2)
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.