Business Administration Assistant Apprentice Yellow Cabs
Call answering / filing and data management / assisting the management team on a day to day basis / Customer relations and account management.
Closing date: 20 May 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 May 2022
05 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- The Successful candidate will be primarily answering calls from customers and using our data suite to input the details they provide
- You will also be managing data and correctly dispatching work to other members of the team as well as speaking to a large variety of account customers, dealing with their bookings, questions and hopefully very few complaints
- The candidate will also be assisting the management team in money handling, business analysis such as job counts etc. as well as maintaining a high degree of professionalism and courteousness dealing with face to face customers who come into our very busy walk-in office
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- Able to use artistic programmes to create posters and marketing materials
- Good phone skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Hard working
5 x GCSE A*-D / 9-3 which must include GCSE English at A*-C / 9-4 and Maths at A*-D / 9-3 or equivalent.
Progression to next course level and possible full time position.
Things to consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
One of the Largest Taxi companies in Chorley. We work with businesses across the area dealing with accounts for their transport needs, as well as supplying private hire taxis / minibuses and airport transfers for the public and local area.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the following qualification / standard:
Business Administrator - Level 3.
- Main Learning Objectives - Support a business administrator’s role in the workplace, principles of business administration, managing performance, communication in a business environment, project management, ICT for business
- Functional Skills (if required)
- EPA (End Point Assessment) - Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes a knowledge test, portfolio-based interview and a project/improvement presentation. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 3 (A level)