Advanced Apprentice in MOET (Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician) Marchwood Power Limited
An exciting engineering & maintenance opportunity to learn a range of engineering skills and work within a skilled supportive team to deliver solutions to our customers
Closing date: 10 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Aug 2022
05 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Join the MPL team, who are highly skilled in keeping this leading edge power station running reliably and efficiently. As an advanced apprentice, with focus areas of Electrical, or Control & Instrumentation (C&I), you will learn to maintain, fault find and provide engineering solutions on Power Plant C&I and/or Electrical Systems.
Some of the duties of our technicians include:
- Managing contractor and own Health and Safety
- Installing, configuring and maintaining electrical and C&I systems
- Diagnosing and Fault-finding and on complex, cutting edge power plant systems
- Providing first line maintenance response to emergent issues
- Performing routine maintenance across the power plant
- Being part of the team determining solution to unique problems
You will be working with highly skilled people such as Production, Mechanical, Electrical Control and Instrumentation Engineers and Technicians.
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical awareness and skills.
- Working knowledge of Office Applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solving.
- Team Work
- Self Motivation.
- Candidates should have - or be expected to achieve - a minimum of 4/C grades at GCSE, including English language, maths and a science subject (or equivalent qualifications)
- Candidates will be expected to pass aptitude tests at SETA before being considered for interview
- We would require the successful candidate to be able to progress their academic qualifications and skills whilst with us
Things to consider
- You will need to be able to travel to Millbrook, Southampton for your initial full-time training, whilst your place of work will be at Marchwood, Southampton
About the employer
Marchwood Power Limited owns and operates a £380million natural gas-fired combined cycle power station on Marchwood Industrial Park.
Marchwood Power Station began commercial generating electricity in December 2009 and was officially opened the following month. The station generates approximately 895MW of electricity for the national grid, enough to supply nearly one million homes. This is equivalent to the needs of Southampton, the New Forest and Winchester.
The facility uses the latest technology to ensure maximum energy efficiency and minimal impact on the environment. It is currently one of the most efficient power stations in the UK. Impacts on the environment and nearby communities are strictly controlled.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Southampton Engineering Training
tracy simper 023 8087 8319 email@example.com
Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Our Apprentices will undertake an Advanced Apprenticeship programme under the new standards of certification
- This will include a block of off-the-job training at SETA’s training centre in Southampton to gain thorough training into an introduction to Engineering and gain additional practical engineering skills, and to also begin to gain the theory required in order that you will achieve an advanced apprenticeship
- This will take around 20 week’s full time (37 hours a week) at SETA and begin a BTEC in Engineering, which will continue, one day a week after the initial training
- You will be required to complete functional skills at level 2 in mathematics, English where applicable
- Back in the company, you will begin working towards an end test in order to achieve your advanced apprenticeship, cover many required tasks and theories to ensure full competence at the level 3 standards requirements
- This standard will be completed by the successful attainment of the 3-part end test
- The one-day release back to SETA will take two academic years in order to complete the BTEC in Engineering
- For candidates who do well and wish to progress, there is an expectation to progress further and achieve an HNC qualification
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.