Apprentice Retail Sales Adviser Superdrug Stores Plc
Passionate about beauty and health? A Retail Apprenticeship is the perfect way to start your career. Could this be the role you have been looking for? Apply now!
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Feb 2022
04 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Passionate about beauty and health? A Retail Apprenticeship is the perfect way to start your career. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, you’ll have a great time at Superdrug working as an Apprentice Sales Adviser. A Retail Apprentice will be learning whilst involve working in our store as a full-time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how a retailer operates their business.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health and beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service, and fun.
Our success comes from our people - they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling!
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes:
This is an opportunity to learn how the store operates, how the business works commercially and covers brand reputation, legal and marketing.
Duties will include:
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
Your training will take place in store over the 1st 12 months so, no college days and no homework! At the end of your training period you will complete a discussion around your experiences, a multiple - choice test and an observation within your role. You will be supported throughout by your team and your assessor to achieve your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Success in this role will enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills to enable you to complete a Level 2 Retailer Diploma
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Adaptable with a positive attitude to learning and working
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A passion for learning
- Be hard working and looking for variety and a fast-paced working environment
- Want to develop new skills
- Be a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have an interest in retail business
- Be ambitious and keen to progress
- Be committed to achieving your qualification
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English
- GCSEs at grade D/3 or above(or equivalent) in maths
- Progression onto a Level 3 Retail Team Leader apprenticeship for the right candidate
Things to consider
- You are not currently in any form of education and you are available for full time shifts
- You haven’t completed a Retail Apprenticeship before
- You have not completed a degree or more than 1 year at University
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- You are brand new to retail
Here’s how you are rewarded:
- Up to 28 days holiday
- Up to 30% discount for you and a nominated friend and family member
- Great sales incentives
During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in store and also includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Superdrug. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS card, which gives 10% discounts at participating outlets!
Hours: 30 hours per week on a 13-month contract.
Salary: from £6.00 per hour.
Come and be part of something special!
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are the UK’s second-largest beauty and health retailer. With over 830 stores across the UK and Republic of Ireland - including 200 in-store pharmacies - we provide a huge range of beauty and health services and the very best in-patient care.
Our purpose is to be the best for everyday and accessible beauty. We are totally committed to bringing innovation and the latest styles and trends to the high street at fantastic prices.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Superdrug Stores Plc
Gemma Allman 01977 809561 email@example.com
Level 2 Retailer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.