Apprentice Management Surveyor (including MSc Real Estate) Workman
If you are passionate about property and the delivery of excellent customer service then you should consider a career in Property Management. Someone who is practical, methodical with high levels of attention to detail will suit a career in this field.
Closing date: 17 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Mar 2022
24 Dec 2021
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What is a Property Management Surveyor with Workman LLP?
- As a Property Management Surveyor you will oversee the day to day running and management of a varied portfolio of commercial property ranging from retail, office and industrial.
- You’ll be responsible for providing landlords and tenants specialist advice on things such as lease obligations, repairs and maintenance works, whilst overseeing the management of rental and other income owed by the tenant.
- You will be working with the client (landlords) to help enhance the value of their portfolios when required.
- Our clients are principally large institutional firms (pension funds, insurance companies etc.) and property companies.
What are the main duties and responsibilities?
- Arranging and undertaking property inspections.
- Ensuring tenants’ compliance with lease obligations in relation to use and maintenance of the property are adhered to.
- Preparation and administration of service charge expenditure.
- Overseeing the provision of common services to properties and tenants.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation including Health and Safety and other regulations.
- Assisting clients in the acquisition and disposal of properties.
- Dealing with tenant applications for consent to assign, sublet and alter.
- Provide support and assistance to clients in connection with value enhancement opportunities including rent reviews, lettings and lease renewal programs.
- Reporting to and working with clients on tenure and physical improvements to properties.
- Supervising, directing and maintaining up to date records for site based staff.
- Working with landlords and tenants on all other matters relating to the clients’ property portfolio.
What are the attributes and personal qualities do we look for in our Property Management Surveyors?
- Enthusiasm and commitment to both client and tenant requirements
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Readiness to take responsibility and act on your own initiative
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to develop and maintain a professional relationship with clients and tenants
- Enjoy working in different environments as you will be out on site as well as in the office
- Excellent time management skills
Requirements and prospects
Good IT skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
Enthusiastic, eager and willing to learn, able to use initiative, good communication skills, good time keeping and personable.
For standard entry applicants, must have a Bachelor’s degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2) or equivalent
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus experience in a relevant field
A level 5 qualification as defined by the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus five years’ relevant experience
A professional qualification plus five years’ relevant experience
Have GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
*Recognised qualifications having an equivalent level of attainment as those recognised by UCAS include: Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), professional qualifications from recognised institutions, certain armed forces qualifications and partially completed degrees.
Apprentices who demonstrate excellent potential will be offered permanent roles.
Things to consider
The role is a combination of computer based work and travel. Travel will include site visits and travel other Workman offices.
This is a client facing role which is challenging and demanding but worthwhile.
The starting salary is £18,000, rising to £26,700 (£29,700 for London) by the end of the 5 year apprenticeship.
About the employer
As the UK’s leading independent commercial property management and building consultancy specialist, Workman has an enviable position within the property industry. The Firm delivers to its clients an unrivalled service dedicated solely to the fundamentals of property management and building consultancy. We pride ourselves on the calibre of our employees and their unique skill sets. We offer a nationwide service, utilising the local knowledge of over 650 employees and Partners, working from a national office network of 11 offices in the UK and one in Paris.
We recognise that clients expect not just a depth of knowledge, but also a consistency of service, which is why we encourage career progression from within. More than a third of our Partners began their surveying career with Workman as a graduates. We recognise that our employees are our biggest asset and we place great emphasis on employment initiatives to bring the best out of individuals and assist in their work-life balance.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- In house systems training
- Workman procedures
- Health & Safety including gaining and IOSH certificate
- In house and external training
- APC specific training
Off-the-job training will be provided by the University College of Estate Management (UCEM). You will achieve a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited MSc Real Estate.
UCEM is an online institution so you will not be required to attend the university in person. You will study using UCEM’s state-of-the-art online learning environment and digital library, supported with guidance from highly experienced tutors.
Upon completion of the MSc Real Estate and the structured workplace learning you will pass through the gateway and complete your End Point Assessment, which is the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence leading to registration with the RICS as a Chartered Surveyor (Commercial Real Estate).
Chartered surveyor (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.