Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Village End Limited
The apprenticeship role involves working alongside an experienced team responsible for producing a fun and educational environment whilst following the EYFS framework. You will be fully supported throughout your training with tailored mentoring and able to earn whilst you learn.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
24 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our apprentices are able to work as part of a knowledgable and supportive team to learn vital Childcare skills in a mixed aged setting. Our friendly and welcoming team of practitioners will help to support you during your studies, sharing their skills, supporting your learning and encouraging your independent creative thinking.
Day to day duties include:
- Support children in their everyday care
- Be able to plan and deliver play and learning activities
- Be able to assist in setting up the nursery environment to support children’s learning and development
- Learn to observe and record children’s development
- Be able to identify and plan to meet children’s individual needs
- Be able to build strong relationships with parents and carers when supporting children during handovers
- Enjoy encouraging outdoor play and physical activity
- Maintaining health and safety
- Build relationships with families to successfully work in partnership
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Care for and supervise children, ensuring their physical, emotional and intellectual needs are met at all times
- Maintain regular record-keeping of development and observations
- Deliver positive, persistent and ‘patient’ management of children's behaviour
- Keep accident, incident and Health and Safety records up to date
- Supervise children at mealtimes by sitting down with them and helping them with their meals and table manners.
- Ensure that planning and preparation of all activities meet the children’s individual needs
- Ensure that the relevant forms are filled in correctly and are up to date and stored in the appropriate place
- Assist with record keeping, ensuring observations are done and profiles are kept up to date
- Identify and follow the correct procedures when dealing with child protection issues
- Be involved in regular staff meetings to discuss planning, key group issues, set individual targets and strategies for children
- Ensure that the level of hygiene in the setting meets our high standards at all times
- Help to pack away the nursery some evenings
- Plus any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the setting Manager
About the Employer
Village End Childcare is a mixed-aged setting located in Ascot, Berkshire providing childcare for children from 18 month to 4 years in an open-plan setting. We are a supportive workplace offering tailored mentoring and support to guide you through your studies. Our team is friendly, welcoming and enthusiastic with a true passion for childcare.
Requirements and prospects
- Well organised
- Enthusiastic & Confident
- Be able to work as part of a team to support one another
- Willing to learn
- Pro-active with imaginative approaches to planning activities to support children’s learning
- A drive to inspire children’s learning and development
- Positive attitude
- Be able to follow instructions
- Patient with children
- Able to remain calm when working under pressure
- Have a positive and professional approach when interacting and communicating with parents, carers, Ofsted, childcare agencies and of course the children
You must hold at least a Grade C/4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
All apprenticeship training will be funded by Village End with no need to attend college.
Your qualification must be completed within 12-18 months and can lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
At Village End, we believe in the importance of teaching children how to think, not what to think and focus heavily on developing strong characters and life skills for our children. Our children are independent, creative, resilient and inquisitive little learners and we are their mentors!
Staff perks include:
- Mentoring and support throughout your training.
- Up to 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays (compulsory leave dates apply)
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development, online and in house training.
- Free uniforms, free meals, free drinks, shift swaps.
- Staff meetings and observations within working hours, no staff homework!
About the employer
At Village End we believe in providing high-quality inclusive education that is accessible to all. Our setting is built on the foundation that play is one of the most important ways in which young children gain essential knowledge and skills. We believe that children learn best by following their own interests and our open-plan setting is carefully designed to stimulate the children's’ curiosity with dedicated areas of exploration for all the senses. Our team of dedicated practitioners are passionate about supporting and encouraging children in their learning and development, supporting their social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our secure and ‘home-from-home’ environment ensures the children feel safe, secure and confident to explore their own interests.
Our staff are the heart of Village End and our team of practitioners work together to create a fun, encouraging and inclusive environment for all children. Our happy and friendly staff support one another in their day to day duties and support each other’s learning and growth within the workplace
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Over the course of 15 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.