Kia Parts & Service Advisor Apprentice Chapel House Southport Ltd
Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Parts and Service Advisor working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 May 2022
24 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry?
Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Chapel House Southport are currently seeking a Parts and Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOTs and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad-hoc duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Passion for the automotive industry
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Use own initiative
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English, a science and ICT are desirable.
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Chapelhouse Motor Group was founded in 1989 and became part of the KIA family in 2005. Chapelhouse is an authorised dealership partner of Kia based in the North West of England. They have specialist Chapelhouse Kia dealers in Warrington, Southport, and St Helens.
Chapel House Southport Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills if needed
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1-week blocks of training per 12 months of your Apprenticeship.
This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Over a two-year period, they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 Customer service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) progressing onto a Level 3 Customer Specialist (ST0071/AP01) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor.
A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.