Health & Safety Apprentice Administrator Nottingham College
Nottingham College are one of Nottingham's largest employers. Spanning across the City they offer further and higher education courses to all. Nottingham College are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Administrator who will study toward the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
24 Jun 2022
21 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct data collection surveys and audits at all College sites as identified by the H&S Manager. Input collected data on to Microsoft Word, Excel and online software. Produce reports from the data collected
- Maintain and update the H&S Compliance Register from monthly audit data. Produce reports for the H&S Manager, Health & Safety Committee and others as required on the collected data
- Monitor and maintain the risk assessment register and update the online File system
- Monitor and maintain the Health & Safety Helpdesk process via Microsoft Outlook and telephone. Liaise with the health & safety team for tasks to be completed
- Monitor and maintain the first aid provision and issue of supplies. Ensure all records are kept up to date
- Arrange for the First Aider refresher and new first aider training to ensure there is sufficient first aiders at all College sites, update the first aid rota on all sites and ensure all records are kept up to date
- Monitor and maintain the Evacuation chair servicing and repair processes across all sites to ensure that there is sufficient provision
- Monitor and maintain the Display Screen Equipment (DSE) staff provision including the issue of eye test vouchers. Ensure sufficient stocks of DSE additional equipment
- Conduct any other task as identified, as being necessary by the Health & Safety Manager
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the strategic direction and operational effectiveness of the College
- Ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college
- Deliver on key performance indicators across the College, aiming to deliver continuous improvement
- Promote the College with employers, sector bodies, schools and the local community, developing effective partnerships with employers, the funding agencies and other representative bodies
- To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI, Health and Safety and the well-being of all our students and staff
- To complete and remain up to date with Mandatory Training
- To participate in the College Professional Development and Review (PDR) Scheme
NOTE This role is based at the Adams Building. However, the post holder may be required to work on any college site as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own using own initiative
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of teams to contribute and support all areas of a multi-disciplinary service
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and contractors to provide an excellent service
- Excellent IT skills and ability to contribute to/support new systems that improve efficiency
- Demonstrate good knowledge and practical experience of word processing, databases, spreadsheets, outlook and experience of the internet
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to uphold and promote equal opportunities and diversity
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding/Child Protection issues relevant to the post
- Flexibility to work at any College site/additional hours when required
- Must be reliable
- Commitment to quality and excellence through evidence of continuing professional development
A*-C/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Business Administrator Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
Functional Skills Level 1-2 as required.
Please note you will be expected to attend day release at Nottingham College's campus.
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Level 3 (A level)