Apprentice Hairdresser Pro H Q Ltd
Pro H Q are looking for an Apprentice Hairdresser to join their team. You will assist stylists, keep salon tidy and to train in all aspects of hairdressing
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
21 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To assist stylists in the salon by:
- Preparing work areas
- Making drinks
- Greeting clients
- Shampooing clients
- Laundry duties
- Reception duties
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience would be an added bonus
- To have a passion for hairdressing and a chatty personality
- To be open and enthusiastic to learning
Candidates will ideally have at least 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent). No other specific qualifications are required as full training will be given.
If you do not hold a qualification in maths & English at level 2, you will be required to do Functional Skills in these subjects.
The prospect of a permanent role in the company and/or progression in the industry.
Things to consider
This position can be physically demanding at times and you may be on your feet a lot. You must be prepared to work on a Saturday and sometimes on an evening when required as these are busy times for the salon.
About the employer
A unisex hair salon in Skipton.
Pro H Q Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Craven College
Sarah Haworth 07769 166906 firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard with the Hairdressing pathway and will include a combination of workplace assessment and college attendance.
Hairdressers will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style and finish hair to create variety of looks, and colour and lighten hair for ladies and men. Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair.
They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
Core skills and knowledge in this pathway include:
- Professionalism & values
- Behaviours & communication
- Safe working practices
- Shampoo, condition & treat the hair & scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style & finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour & lighten hair using a range of techniques
- On the job training from your employer
- Workplace assessment/mentoring by College appointed person
- Some College attendance and other off the job training
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- End-Point Assessment (EPA) by City & Guilds
If candidates do not have A*-C (4-9) in Maths & English at GCSE or suitable equivalent qualification, there will be a requirement to do Functional Skills up to Level 2.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.