Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice Ribblesdale Nursery School
Cascades Childcare are looking for a passionate and nurturing team member to work as part of a small, friendly team to provide high-quality day-care provision for children ages 6mths to 4yrs. We provide ongoing training opportunities for all our staff for continual professional development.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
21 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Cascades Childcare are a small, friendly nurturing team providing high-quality day-care provision for 6mths to 4-year-olds. We are based in a central location in Clitheroe with staff parking available. We provide ongoing training opportunities for all our staff for continual professional development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Early Years practitioner already qualified at Level 2 to progress onto the next stage and work towards gaining their’ Level 3 qualification in Early Years within a friendly and supportive team.
Responsibilities/Duties will include:
- To work as part of a team to plan meaningful experiences based on the Children’s needs, observations, assessments and to ensure all children make effective progress
- To build positive relationships with Children, Staff and Families
- To provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment both indoors and outdoors
- To support the effective use of assessment, planning and record keeping systems in line with Cascade’s procedures
- To have a level of understanding of the EYFS to support and promote the early education and care of each individual child
- To promote the welfare of all children and to maintain a good level of understanding of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- To support and develop reflective practice
- To attend all out of hours meetings, training etc when necessary
- To meet the personal, social and curriculum related needs of all children including those with additional needs and / or English as an additional language
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working with young children 6mths-4yrs
- Good communication skills
- Have excellent timekeeping skills
- Caring and nurturing
- Motivated with a keen willingness to develop new skills and knowledge
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to working hours
Level 2 Early Years qualification (or equivalent).
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Could lead to permanent position upon completion.
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
About the employer
Ribblesdale Nursery School is the only maintained Nursery School in the Ribble Valley providing high quality early education and care, led by a specialist head teacher and delivered by qualified teachers (QTS) and highly qualified nursery nurses.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254292500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.