Apprentice Production Chef Clayfields House Secure Unit
Clayfields House are recruiting for an apprentice cook who will be responsible for preparation and cooking of meals for clients, staff and visitors which fulfils the cultural, religious and dietary requirements within the unit. The role allows flexible working hours.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Nov 2022
20 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Responsible for preparation and cooking of meals for clients, staff and visitors, which fulfils the cultural, religious and dietary requirements within the unit. This may involve some liaison with teaching and care staff in planning and supervising food technology sessions as well as normal meal preparation and cooking
- Deputise for Catering Manager in his/her absence
- To supervise and delegate areas of work to kitchen domestics as required and ensure this is carried out satisfactorily
- Responsible for ensuring good hygiene standards are observed in the kitchen at all times and establishing satisfactory cleaning rotas to ensure all work is carried out
- To work with due regard for his/her personal safety and that of others in the kitche
- In accordance with relevant legislation and codes of practice, to take reasonable care for your health, safety and welfare, and that of other persons who may be affected by the performance of your duties
- To exercise proper care in handling, operating and safeguarding any equipment or appliances provided and issued by the County Council for the post holder's individual or collective use in the performance of his/her duties
- Any other duties which may reasonable be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined
- To ensure that menus are adhered to, the food is of a satisfactory quality and quantity, is presented attractively and served at the appropriate time
- To check deliveries for quality and quantity and take any appropriate action necessary
- To report promptly any defects in equipment used
- To ensure appropriate confidentiality and security of information including information technology as stipulated by relevant legislation
Requirements and prospects
Personal skills and general competencies:
- Puts into practice the Council's commitment to excellent customer care
- Works efficiently and effectively and actively looks for ways of improving services and outcomes for customers
- Works well with colleagues but also able to work on their own initiative
- Shares the Council's commitment to providing a safe environment for customers and staff and also treating all with respect and consideration
- Ability to work unsupervised and to produce nutritious, economical, well presented meals of good quality to meet clients' needs
- Must be willing to undertake training
A*-D/9-3 in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Clayfields House is a national provider of secure accommodation for 20 young people between the ages of 10 to 18 who are on remand, sentenced, placed on welfare grounds or are secure overnight under PACE 1984 legislation. The service is part of Nottinghamshire County Council.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Production Chef Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Functional SKills if required.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.