Apprentice Chef Moorcock Inn
An Apprentice Chef is required to assist the head chef in a busy kitchen in all aspects of cookery including food prep, cooking from fresh, washing up and cleaning down.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
25 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Assisting the head chef in the following duties:
- Preparation of fresh foods
- Cooking a range of foods from scratch
- Daily specials – homemade soups, pies, fish, steaks, pork, sausages, pastas, Pies, chilli vegetables, desserts etc. Sunday lunches
- All meals using locally sourced food including fish, lamb, chicken, beef etc and a range of vegetables, desserts.
- Washing up and cleaning the kitchen at the end of each shift.
- Deep cleaning.
Requirements and prospects
Good cookery skills or a willingness and passion to learn
Good organisational skills
Ability to use initiative
Good interactive skills
- Keenness to pursue a career in professional cookery
- Interested in butchery and farm to plate
- Have an interest in the pastry side of cooking
- Excellent hygiene
- Open minded
- Must love to cook
- Keenness to learn and work
- Easy to get along with
- Positive attitude.
GCSE A*-D in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
On the job training to be provided by the employer.
Bishop Auckland College will provide training and support, working with the employer to help provide the NVQ/Diploma or equivalent qualifications alongside functional skills in English, mathematics and ICT (if required). Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities will also be delivered.
You may be required to attend Bishop Auckland College for day release, should the programme demand it.
Catering and Professional Chefs
BISHOP AUCKLAND COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bishop Auckland College
David Brough email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017